Welcome to Ramco TV. Today we will be introducing the Q3X; the latest laser sensor from Banner Engineering; the Q3X is a versatile, rugged laser contrast sensor.
With a fast 250-microsecond response speed, a reliable 300 mm detection range, Bipolar PNP & NPN outputs, and superior ambient light immunity, the Q3X can solve even the most challenging contrast part-detection applications.
The angled 3 digit LED display is visible from multiple vantage points and provides clear real-time signal strength feedback to the user.
The bright yellow LED output indicator provides high visibility of the sensors operation from 360 degrees.
With a durable and robust construction, this nickel plated Zinc die-cast housing provides an IP67, IP68, and IP69K rating. This sensor is built to withstand mechanical impact, over tightening, high-pressure wash-down, and extreme vibration.
The Q3X’s compact and rugged design makes it an ideal sensor for a wide range of applications including registration mark detection, high-speed part detection, small contrast changes, hole detection, error proofing, and more.
The 2 tactile push buttons and 3 digit display make set up of this sensor a breeze. The Q3X has 5 teach modes available: a 2-point teach, Dynamic Teach, Window set, Light Set & Dark set. Let’s take a closer look at a few of these modes.
– Press & hold the teach button for 2 or more seconds
– Present the lightest Gray segment & press teach
– now present the white segment and press teach again
– the sensor now sees the white target, but not any shades of Gray or the foam
– the yellow & red segments reflect similar amounts of light as the white target and will be on conditions
– Press & hold mode for 2 or more seconds
– Press the + button once & tch(teach) appears
– Press the + & – buttons together
– Now press the + or – button until dr appears
– Then press & hold the + & – buttons together for 2 or more seconds
– Press & hold teach for 2 or more seconds
– Present the green target & press teach again
– The output will be on for all targets brighter than green
– Press & hold MODE for 2 or more seconds
– Press the + button & tch (teach) appears
– then press the +&- buttons together
– Press the + or – button until win appears
– Now press & hold the +&- buttons together
– Press & hold TEACH for 2 or more seconds
– Present the middle gray target & press TEACH again
– The sensor sets a new threshold and returns to run mode. The output only turns on for the taught segment.